The basic steps needed to create a personal brand
Let's formulate the basic steps needed to create a personal brand:
1. Select the area in which you understand best. Define your specialization. Of course, related to your business. For example, if you own a real estate agency, the range of topics is quite wide: sales, personnel management, the real estate itself, law and law. People will start to be interested in you as a specialist, but when they need to buy an apartment, the first thing they remember is your agency.
2. Determine who your target audience, your potential customers. Make a detailed portrait of your ideal customers who bring you the most profit. You need to understand where they spend their time, what they read, what channels they watch.
3. Read books not only on yours, but also on related areas, increase your erudition, learn foreign languages - become a person with whom it is interesting to talk.
4. Actively lead social networks. Write interesting and useful posts. Invite friends, subscribe to people from your sphere. Meet, chat, comment. Ideally, create your own website or blog. Then go to the industry sites and online publications, give comments, offer your author’s column to the media (first time on a charitable basis). Create an image of an expert for a wide audience.
5. Think of the external image. As with the product, you, the human brand, must have certain features by which you will be recognized. It can be cool shirts, like Leonid Parfenov. Special gestures or manner of speech. Company word.
6. Appear wherever your colleagues and potential customers are: participate in exhibitions, conferences, contests.
“Number 1. How to become the best in what you do,” Igor Mann.
“How to become a guru in 60 days,” Robert Bligh.
“How people think,” Dmitry Chernyshev.
Ekaterina Kononova. “Personal brand from scratch”
“Turn yourself into a brand. 50 sure ways to stop being mediocre, ”Tom Peters.
Brian Tracy. Brand Strength
Michelle Maandag. "The only book on branding"
Separately, it is worth noting that building a personal brand is a daily work - work on yourself, on content, with people. That is why many when creating a personal brand, especially in the initial stages, turn to specialists.