How to use short videos on social networks to get more customers?
According to surveys, about 70% of people prefer to watch videos to find out about a product or service and short, inexpensive videos will be one of the most effective types of content for business.
All you need is a powerful script, interesting graphics or animation to enhance the effect of the story.
The attention span for attracting a person is getting shorter and therefore it is important that any piece of content immediately catches on. For example, at the beginning of the video, start with an interesting fact or prediction, leaving intrigue to the viewer.
And every second, strengthen the dynamics. Finally, ask a question with a clear and decisive call to action (CTA).
Be sure to use dynamic visual effects, but do not over complicate.
Here are 10 more tips that can help you create a short video.
- Ask yourself what you want to add with this video. Generate leads, tell the story of your brand or product - which is more important?
- Focus on one basic thought, rather than cluttering the viewer with more information.
- Make a storyboard of the future video, arrange logically all the frames.
- Choose a video, image or graphic that will fit with your text. Do not add more than 120-150 characters per frame so that viewers can read and understand the information. Use contrasting colors and an easy-to-read font. Text should be legible on all devices.
- Remember that while branding is important, it must be proportionate. Do not insert huge logos or watermarks - this distracts the person. Follow proportionality.
- Choose the right background music that accentuates your story and creates the right mood for the viewer.
- The most important thing is the first few seconds of the video. Throw the hook and hook the viewer.
- In the middle of the video, you should talk about solving a problem or leave a question for reflection.
- In the end, be sure to tell what needs to be done. Encourage a person to action: go to the site, leave a comment, etc.
- Before downloading a video, see how it looks on different platforms, as each social network has its own format. You might want to post the same video on all channels, but that would be a mistake. Optimizing your videos for various social networks makes the viewing process more interesting.